5 Short Cuts that Will Doom Your Success
Don’t be a success weenie. Here are five success mistakes not to make!
When it comes to success there really are no short cuts. As you have heard me say quite a few times success is a process not an event. People who try to take short cuts do not generally make it. Here are five short cuts that will doom your chances of being successful. Avoid these five success killers at all cost, and you may find yourself that much closer to being successful.
- There is no such things as easy money: There is no such thing as easy money. I have learned this lesson the hard way. If it sounds too good to be true then most likely it is. I have owned and run companies for over 24 years. In all that time I have never seen an easy money maker. So be careful not to take the opportunity that seems too good to be true. Avoid the fast money maker because it will cost you in the end.
- Not doing things honestly and ethically: Not only will this type f thing kill your reputation, but if you deviate too much it could land you in jail. Your reputation is worth a lot more than that. Do what is right.
- Not doing your homework: You have to out the time in and do your homework. So many people come to me and say they want to start a business, and they have not done ten minutes of home work. If you want to start a company and be successful it takes lost of hours of work just seeing if the opportunity is a decent one. I always spend lots of time doing research before I move on any deal.
- Not do things right legally: If you are getting involved in a business then do it right. Do not get involved without doing your legal due diligence. This means having all the right paper work in place for any deal. Smart business people do not do business on a handshake. They have all the proper legal documentation in place including articles of incorporation, operating agreement, sales agreements, sales reps compensation plans, customer agreements, etc. Google search to find out more on any of these items. Doing your legal work right up front will save you a bunch of money on the long run if a problem occurs.
- Not surrounding yourself with the best people: You have to get good people around you. A lot of business Owners hire people who are not as smart or knowledgeable as they are. They do not want to look stupid or they enjoy being the smartest guy in the room. Forget all that. This is about money and success. Get the best people you can get and challenge yourself to get better and smarter fast. Getting the best people at your company pushes everyone to be better.
Try to avoid these success killers and you will find yourself with more money in the end. Sometimes the best way to do the right thing is by avoiding the wrong things. These are defiantly 5 success mistakes not to make. Good luck and keep working!