Google Launches Free Conferencing Video Platform
Google has launched a new video chat tool aimed at giving Google users the opportunity to get free video conferencing. Google Meet the new video conferencing platform from Google was developed to compete directly with Zoom.
Meet, had previously only been available to Google customers who had G Suite services. Now the service has been opened up to allow any Google user to take advantage of the services.
Key Google Meet Features Include:
- Meet will be free for anyone with a Google account
- One host and up to 100 participants on each call
- It does not require a separate desktop app to use
- It’s is a web-based service
- There is also a free mobile app for those chatting on the go
- Anyone will be able to create a meeting and invite others to it — but everyone, including participants, will need a Google login to join.
- There is no meeting time limits on the service for now, but after September 30 will likely limit free users to an hour per call.
Top Success Site gives you all of the best updates on new technology that can help you be more productive and impact the way you communicate and do business. Check out our new Technology section. You can find it under categories in our sucess blog.